Work location: NewCompliance Texas office in Houston, TX.
Digital Health Solution Architect
Digital Health Solution Architect
NewCompliance “Driving Value in healthcare”
Join us on our exciting journey! NewCompliance (www.newcompliance.com) is one of the leading companies globally to utilize modern, interoperable IT platforms to improve safety and efficiency levels in hospitals. We develop big data driven visualization & control solutions for our customers; supporting caregivers with predictive dashboarding & analytics solutions for e.g. Surgery, Emergency and Intensive Care departments. Next to protecting the safety of patients, we boost the quality of care provided, prevent medical errors, caregiver anxiety and reduce healthcare costs. The company’s headquarters are in the Netherlands, its origin. Supporting the fast-growing US operations, NewCompliance has 3 regional offices – in the Bay Area, CA, in the Houston Texas Medical Center, and in Minnesota, on the Mayo Clinic Campus.
At NewCompliance, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver the highest quality patient care possible. We are looking for a proactive digital health enthusiast, who loves putting exciting technologies to work in order to help solve healthcare challenges. A talented and driven technologist and project manager, who will bring vision to the collaboration with our customers and their IT teams, in order to manage and deliver the implementation of our platform and services in a smooth, consistent manner. You will play a key role in implementation of our rapidly growing national portfolio.
The role is responsible for working closely with our customers and local distributors, in support of establishing system integrations and interfaces (HL7, API etc) with hospital software applications (EMR, hospital equipment, IoT). You’ll serve as a facilitator, resource planner, systems analyst, liaison and coach utilizing your expertise to assure success and stability in our project implementation results.
- Engage directly with customers to discuss requirements, design and develop ways to integrate their EMR/EHR and buildings with the NewCompliance solutions and turning those requirements into technical specifications;
- Consult with internal IT colleagues, subject matter experts and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements.
- Drive Interface Requirements Definitions and Inbound/Outbound message mapping specifications. Coordinate the setup of secure data transfer mechanisms between EMRs, building management systems and/or PMS;
- Provide coordination and support for user acceptance testing (planning, organizing, execution and support);
- Understand the relevant compliance issues and IT requirements within the healthcare space and advise on product and integration decisions to ensure proper compliance and customer success;
- Develop a technical roadmap with a tactical execution plan to implement, test and deploy customer data integrations;
- est. 10 – 20% travel may be required (occasional visit to project sites, on-site team training or support, field events, customer implementations/go-live).
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science (or related field);
- Minimum of 5 years total working experience;
- Minimum of 2 years experience with IT project management;
- Experience with IT integrations;
- Experience with EMRs, EHRs and healthcare software like Epic, MicroMD, Cerner, McKesson, GE Healthcare, Meditech, AllScripts.
- Basic understanding of digital healthcare issues and developments: major EHR vendors, Interoperability, HL7, FHIR, etc.;
- Experience with data transformation and mapping / configuring interfacing types such as: ADT, ORU, SIU;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving aptitude. Proven self-motivator;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to document and explain solution elements, to both management and clinical staff. Strong customer service and people skills;
- Positive and hands-on attitude. Creative in finding solutions combining processes, systems and people. Focused on finding solutions.
- Experience with enterprise and/or cloud healthcare software. Knowledge of healthcare compliances and certifications like HIPAA, HITECH, etc.
- Experience working with SQL, HL7 2.x, FHIR and/or using integration engines such as Mirth, Cloverleaf, Ensemble etc. are a plus.
- Able to build bridges between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
NewCompliance offers a highly inspiring, talented, high-learning and go-getting environment where you will enjoy a lot of freedom and comradery to do your work well and make our customers happy. We are a close-knit group of young professionals that are deeply motivated to work on creating breakthroughs in the quality of critical care provided around the globe.
We offer fun & flexible working conditions, 20 days of vacation leave and a competitive pay and benefits package.
Please send us your application with CV, a motivation and salary expectations through LinkedIn, Siona van Dijk, email@example.com and I will get back to you if we want to invite you for a follow up conversation!